Sunday, May 23, 2010

Safari!!! Whoohoo.....

Hello all!! Finding a computer is much easier than I anticipated in Africa. The hard part is actually finding the time to write.....so I think I left off in Egypt and our crazy police raid. After that we just hung out and walked around Cairo and then left for our flight to Nairobi, Kenya around midnight. Our flight was pretty crazy as we left at 3am and had a stop in Sudan and a stop in Ethiopia before finally getting to Nairobi. Nairobi is a GREAT change from Cairo. Not that Cairo isn't a nice city as well, but Nairobi is the Africa I pictured. Very nice and green with beautiful scenery everywhere. Cairo is a humongous city with nothing but buildings, not to mention people trying to rip you off left and right, even following you for blocks to get you to go into their store. So we arrived in Nairobi around 3pm as we our flight was delayed from Ethiopia and checked in to our hostel which is AMAZING!!! It's very near the city, but far enough to be surrounded by nature. We walked to downtown Nairobi and explored the city a bit until I thought I was going to pass out standing up....lol!! We went to bed extremely early, for us anyway (around 10pm) as today we got up early to go on a SAFARI!!! We went to Lake Nakuru, which has a wildlife reserve! We came inches from zebras, giraffes, hyenas, buffalo, flamingos, rhinos, and baffoons (many baby animals too....so cute!). Actually a baffoon attacked me, but luckily Saul saw out of the corner of his eye and chased it away.....I was eating an orange and they are very hostile animals, especially when it comes to food. I looked away for literally one second to pose for a picture and the animal came running towards me. They are very very smart animals. Anyway, can't write too much more as we are leaving a couple of minutes to take a 9 hour bus ride to Mombasa, a beach town on the coast of Kenya. I'll post pictures there if internet is available as we'll be relaxing by the beach for 2 days. Love everyone and your comments too!!! Glad you are all enjoying my adventures! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Mombasa is a fun word to say, no? have a blast at the beach! Is this the place that Andy recommended?? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicksta! I'm enjoying hearing about your trip! You are an awesome blogger! Glad you are heading to relaxation. I want to hear more about the food! Love you, Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mo and Elaine, no Elaine we unfortunately didn't have time to go to the place Andy recommended. Mo, nothing really to write home about food wise. Actually the past two days we've been so busy traveling and walking around that we didn't eat ALL day.....

    ReplyDelete